Happy New Year!
How are you going to start 2011?
I’m going after two words: focused simplicity.
So that’s my first of my 31 Ways to Give Your New Year a Fresh Start:
1. Determine what focused simplicity looks like for you.
Boil it down.
- What do you love?
- What do you need?
- Who do you want to be?
- In one year, how do you hope to have grown?
As I’ve said earlier here, I’m tired of being run by my life, just trying to hang on, and going after every little distraction hoping to find that elusive contentment.
For me, I desire:
- To grow more faithful in 2011. My pastor summed it up so well in his recent post:
Imagine starting the New Year off lustily going after unblushing promises contained in the Gospels, quite expecting to be staggered by them. Imagine a dogged refusal to be numb, for Christ has made us for so much more… infinitely more – he has made us for himself!
- To be more present and “in” the lives of my family members.
- To be released from the bonds of financial distress: knock out debt, plan for the future, give generously.
My focused simplicity for 2011?
So, work on your focused simplicity statement for the coming year and leave a note in the comments.
Tomorrow I’ll talk about ways to actually achieve our goals in 2011 and put the “focused simplicity” statements into practice.
Don’t forget to spread the word about Look In Your House and be entered to win a fabulous prize!
photo: seabreeze at morguefile.com
Important RemindersPlease note: this blog features affiliate links. Should you make a purchase using my link, I will receive a small commission in exchange for my referral.
Latest posts by Mary Bernard (see all)
- How God Gets Our Attention - July 7, 2013
- Competition Is Irrelevant When You Follow Your Passion - May 30, 2013
- Mission Field or Mopping Floors? Following God’s Call - May 22, 2013