I spent several hours on Saturday with the Nashville Women Who Blog, a group of women who blog and live in and among the Nashville area.
I was first introduced to this group in the fall of 2009. I had been blogging and feeling my way around the business side of blogging for a few months, rather clueless about all the ins and outs of websites and writing for the web.
The women are super-savvy, creative, and business-minded. These bloggers use their online platforms to promote their small businesses, writing endeavors, and creative endeavors. I am always encouraged and inspired after spending a few hours with these gals.
Find Your Own Small Group for Encouragement
Regardless of your creative or business niche, you, too, should find a group for support and encouragement. I can’t over emphasize the importance of meeting regularly with others.
If you don’t know of a group already in existence that you can join, why not start one? Use Twitter, Facebook, and Meet-Up to find other similarly-minded folks in your vicinity who may like to meet on a regular basis.
Just put it out there and see what happens.
Being a member of a group will offer you:
- Insight, tips, tricks, and knowledge for your business or craft.
- Moral support, encouragement, and shared experiences with others who have similar interests.
- Launching pad for partnerships, which can be mutually beneficial to all businesses.
- Accountability and assistance with all those “business-oriented” tasks, such as goal-setting, determining vision, and making action plans.
In the spirit of blogging love, I’m giving a shout-out to the gals I met with on Saturday. Go visit their blogs and tell them I sent you!
Jena from Southern Joy
Tanna from Complete Organizing Solutions
Sami from SamiCone.com
Leisa from LeisaHammett.com
Do you have a group for support, encouragement,
and ideas for your business?
Don’t miss a post. Subscribe to my blog now, please!
Important RemindersPlease note: this blog features affiliate links. Should you make a purchase using my link, I will receive a small commission in exchange for my referral.
Latest posts by Mary Bernard (see all)
- How God Gets Our Attention - July 7, 2013
- Competition Is Irrelevant When You Follow Your Passion - May 30, 2013
- Mission Field or Mopping Floors? Following God’s Call - May 22, 2013