I spent several hours on Saturday with the Nashville Women Who Blog, a group of women who blog and live in and among the Nashville area.
I was first introduced to this group in the fall of 2009. I had been blogging and feeling my way around the business side of blogging for a few months, rather clueless about all the ins and outs of websites and writing for the web.
The women are super-savvy, creative, and business-minded. These bloggers use their online platforms to promote their small businesses, writing endeavors, and creative endeavors. I am always encouraged and inspired after spending a few hours with these gals.
Find Your Own Small Group for Encouragement
Regardless of your creative or business niche, you, too, should find a group for support and encouragement. I can’t over emphasize the importance of meeting regularly with others.
If you don’t know of a group already in existence that you can join, why not start one? Use Twitter, Facebook, and Meet-Up to find other similarly-minded folks in your vicinity who may like to meet on a regular basis.
Just put it out there and see what happens.
Being a member of a group will offer you:
- Insight, tips, tricks, and knowledge for your business or craft.
- Moral support, encouragement, and shared experiences with others who have similar interests.
- Launching pad for partnerships, which can be mutually beneficial to all businesses.
- Accountability and assistance with all those “business-oriented” tasks, such as goal-setting, determining vision, and making action plans.
In the spirit of blogging love, I’m giving a shout-out to the gals I met with on Saturday. Go visit their blogs and tell them I sent you!
Carrie from Tiki, Tiki Blog and Bilingual in the Boonies
Rowena from Romesticity and Rostitchery
Brigid from BrigidDay.com and Sweet Pea Embroidery
Jena from Southern Joy
Tanna from Complete Organizing Solutions
Sami from SamiCone.com
Scarlet from Family Focus Blog
Leisa from LeisaHammett.com
Do you have a group for support, encouragement,
and ideas for your business?
Don’t miss a post. Subscribe to my blog now, please!
Important RemindersPlease note: this blog features affiliate links. Should you make a purchase using my link, I will receive a small commission in exchange for my referral.
Latest posts by Mary Bernard (see all)
- How God Gets Our Attention - July 7, 2013
- Competition Is Irrelevant When You Follow Your Passion - May 30, 2013
- Mission Field or Mopping Floors? Following God’s Call - May 22, 2013