One aspect of my Look In Your House journey is getting this brand-new blog up and running and making money.
One of the tools I use to evaluate my progress is Google Analytics. Let’s focus on a few key areas of the first month of my new blog’s life.
January 1—31, 2011
596 page views
26 email subscribers
Friday, January 28 was the busiest day = 28 visits
Most popular posts with number of views:
Podcast with Jamie Reeves (61 views)
Become an Effective Decision Maker (51 views)
Spruce Up Your Spiritual House and Lose the Guilt (46 views)
Most active referral sources with number of visitors sent:
Top keyword searches on Google (each sent one visitor):
1. elisha and the widow’s oil
2. journal entry prompts on christ
3. look in your house blog mary bernard
4. matthew henry “a way to pray” review
5. scripture on comparing oneself
6. the widow’s oil
7. what do you have in your house elisha
8. widow’s oil thought provoking question
A few take-aways
- Readers are staying on the site and looking at more than one page during their visits. (Consistent posts and good writing will keep this trend.)
- The podcast feature was well-received, and my first guest was a wonderful referrer of traffic. (Continued podcasts with quality guests will keep this trend. And I love it!)
- Facebook continues to be the top referrer for my blog posts. The majority of my readers are my Facebook friends. (Continued use of Facebook to drive traffic will keep this trend. More interaction on the Facebook page may increase traffic, too?)
- The keyword searches and Google referrals were quite disappointing, but I am working on SEO and building back links. (More posts and improved SEO strategy should improve this number for next month.) Also interesting that Scripture keywords sent readers to the blog. I will continue optimizing for Scriptural references.
What do you think about my stats?
What trends do you see?